Accepting Teacher Applications for the 2024-25 School Year
School: High Meadows School
Available Position: Teacher
High Meadows School in North Atlanta (Roswell), Georgia is accepting PreK through 8th grade teacher applications for the 2024-2025 school year. The school takes pride in hiring dynamic, compassionate, and diverse faculty and staff who are among the finest in their areas of expertise. (Please note - At this time, we do not know of any specific teaching positions being open for the next school.)
School’s Mission Statement
The High Meadows community celebrates and perpetuates each individual’s quest for knowledge and skill, sense of wonder, and connection to the natural environment. We empower each to be a compassionate, responsible, and active global citizen.
School’s Vision Statement
High Meadows School and Camp inspires adventurous learners who ask questions that drive learning and seek sustainable solutions in collaboration with others. Our students emerge as ethical leaders with the skills and habits of mind to grow and adapt as they discover a place of purpose and joy in an ever-changing world.
Our educators are experienced, energetic, and collaborative individuals who follow a constructivist, progressive educational philosophy which is student-centered and holds kids to high and reasonable standards. Our tenets of progressive education include: (1) embracing the world, (2) hands-on and inquiry-driven learning, (3) holistic approach to educating children, (4) social justice and sustainability, and (5) transdisciplinary learning.
We look for educators who maintain excellent relationships with families, work successfully within a team, understand developmentally appropriate practices for students, recognize the educational value of the natural environment and demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in their teaching practice. At High Meadows, we believe that children possess a drive for cognitive, physical, and social engagement—a drive that is developed and enhanced by an environment that promotes academic challenge, creativity, personal responsibility, and a positive self-image.
Knowledge and Skill Set Requirements
Must be motivated, nurturing, creative, self-directed and a collaborative team member. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a passion and energy for teaching children. Desire to play a meaningful role in each student’s daily school life and the life of the school. Ability to clearly communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a teaching partnership. Ability to nurture and challenge each student. Model continuous learning, and demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. Understand academic, social, behavioral, and emotional development milestones of children. Understand positive discipline in a progressive educational setting.
Essential Job Functions:
• adhere to the school philosophy recognizing the developmental nature of childhood growth and each child’s need for belonging.
• work in accordance with the mission, vision and values of High Meadows School around approaches to learning/teaching, project-based instruction, and the Positive Discipline approach to behavior.
• is responsible for supervision and direct instruction, student assessment, narratives, communication with parents, and parent-student-teacher conferences.
• is responsible for student learning, classroom instruction, and curriculum implementation in the core subject areas or in a specialty area, depending on the teaching role and grade-level position.
• will work with a team to design learning environments that are focused on creativity and innovation, striving to challenge students to a deeper thinking level and to develop a yearning for greater understanding.
For Pre-K through 5th grade, our school follows the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme®, and teachers are responsible for presenting and creating units of study used to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
High Meadows School sits on 42 wooded acres in Roswell. The school is housed in several buildings spread across the two meadows on the property. We have an active barnyard on campus, serving as the home for horses, sheep, bunnies, and chickens. Faculty and staff must be comfortable traveling between buildings in all types of weather, participating in outdoor activities on the meadows and in the forest, and intermingling with animals.
Minimum Education/Prior Experience/Qualifications Required
Minimum of three to five current, consecutive years as a full-time teacher in appropriate grade level; Bachelor’s Degree required; Preference given to those with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Education. Collaborative and interdisciplinary instruction experience a must.
Preferences given to applicants with:
Experience as a teacher in a progressive school setting
Experience as a constructivist educator
International Baccalaureate School (PYP) experience
Current GA Teaching Certification
Teachers at High Meadows School are very collaborative, visible to the educational community including students, colleagues, administration, staff and families, our teachers are expected to adhere to maintaining a professional relationship:
1. Responsibility: Our teachers are aware of the educator role, being accountable for one's actions, understanding the boundaries between students, colleagues, parents and the school community. Maintaining contact with families in a timely and professional manner regarding school related and student-based situations.
2. Reliability: Colleagues and supervisors can depend on teachers to complete tasks, meet deadlines, and take on new challenges. This includes open dialogue with co-teacher and team about shared responsibilities.
3. Accountability: Our teachers take responsibility for actions and demonstrate professional integrity, involves owning both praise and constructive feedback in a manner that illustrates self-containment and self-reflection. Recognize the boundaries of professional relationships within the HMS community, such as colleagues and families.
4. Time Management: Efficiently and effectively show good use of organizational abilities and maintaining contract hours in order to complete job responsibilities.
Please send cover letter indicating interest and philosophy and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please, no phone calls. Only candidates selected for the next step will be contacted.)
High Meadows School does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, veteran status, sex, age or sexual orientation in employment, admission of students or in providing its services in any manner.
Contact name: Jane Murphy, HR Payroll & Benefits Manager
Contact email address: email@example.com