Aftercare Support (Part-Time) – Fall 2022
School: The Howard School
Available Position: Teacher
Non-Exempt, Hourly Instructional Faculty
Reports to: W.I.N.G.S. After School Programs Coordinator
2:30 – 5:30 PM, Monday – Friday, following the school calendar.
(Flexible as needed)
The After Care Support will create a dynamic, safe and enriching program after the school day hours. The Facilitator will supervise student recreational activities, provide mentoring for homework, and facilitate enrichment activities.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Coordinates with aftercare staff to maintain program consistency and manage day-to-day activities
• Ensure all school policies are being followed and maintain reporting and safety systems
• Supervises and assists students during carpool transition until the time students are picked up from School
• Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information
• Maintains a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with the School policies
• Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
• Develops a daily program agenda for Aftercare students to follow
• Works with students in whole groups, small groups or individually
• Prepares for classroom learning experiences by organizing appropriate materials
• Facilitates planned activities for groups of 2-10 students including but not limited to, games, indoor/ outdoor recreation, and arts and crafts
• Assists students with homework assignments and other special projects
• Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible
• Monitors and/or maintains classroom guidelines, safety policies and school policies
• Reinforces disciplinary policies and procedures
• Escorts and/or accompanies students, per procedures, during emergency situations
• Maintains daily attendance sheets
• Attends weekly meetings and/ or as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Minimum Qualifications:
At least one year of experience with children and/or adolescents required; experience in a classroom environment in a supporting role preferred. Math and/or reading experience a plus. Basic computer skills (typing, Microsoft Word, and Internet) helpful. Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 preferred.
Audible voice and adequate hearing and vision are required in order to supervise the students. Sufficient mobility and agility needed to interact with children. Typically sustained physical activity, such as hiking and other activities encountered in outdoor and physical education. Bends, stoops, and crouches on a regular basis. Ability to lift a small child up to 50 lbs. when necessary.
Contact name: Claudia Ramos
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org