Director of Innovation and Design
School: St. Martin's Episcopal School
Available Position: Administrator, Non-teaching Staff
St. Martin’s Episcopal School is seeking a culturally competent and responsive candidate to serve
as a Director of Innovation and Design. This position will:
● Work with the Head of School, EC/LS Director of Teacher and Learning, and Middle
School faculty in developing and articulating a uniform, detailed curriculum, including
vertical and horizontal linkages of curriculum and a commitment to innovation and
● Lead the Innovation and Design team, composed of the Innovation and Design
teachers (2), and the Director of Educational technology.
● Oversee the curriculum in the Middle School to ensure student success and the
excellence of all academic programs at the school, suggest recommendations to
administration and spearhead new and innovative programs.
● Champion the philosophy and mission of the school and its leadership while meeting
pedagogical goals and objectives.
● Work with the EC/LS Director of Teaching and Learning and LS and MS division heads
to ensure a smooth transition from the LS to the MS.
● Assure uniformity in assessment, parent reporting, and academic standards, including
making suggestions for cross curricular and differentiated instruction.
● Assist department chairs in developing benchmarks appropriate for Middle School
● Observe teachers in their classrooms upon request and offer insights for the
enhancement of effective instruction.
● In collaboration with the director of educational technology, build and coordinate the
educational technology program and innovation and design programs.
● Co-chair schoolwide department chair meetings with the Director of Teaching and
Learning for Early Childhood and Lower School.
● Serve as a resource for faculty, building morale and identifying appropriate workshops,
speakers, programs, and professional development.
● Plan and facilitate a robust faculty onboarding and mentoring program with the
assistance of the Human Resources Director and Division Heads.
● Coordinate regularly scheduled reviews of teaching materials with department chairs
and the EC/LS Director of Teaching and Learning and division heads.
● Conduct annual workshops for faculty to keep faculty informed of current
trends/research in curriculum and instruction.
● Oversee the standardized testing program for the Middle School.
● Participate in committee, department, and staff meetings as well as school-sponsored
events that would benefit from your area of expertise.
● Attend board meetings and prepare reports upon request.
● Be involved in the school community at large.
● Assume responsibility for other projects as assigned.
St. Martin’s Episcopal School is a Christian school with an Episcopal identity and welcomes
families of all faiths, celebrating inclusivity and diversity while fostering an inclusive culture.
● Bachelor’s degree
● 7-10 years of teaching experience
● Successful track record of collaboration, curriculum assessment and design across
grades, teacher evaluation, and working with a wide range of learners
● Strong understanding and practice of educational technology
● Experience in Innovation/Design and experiential learning
● Desire to plan and work collaboratively on a team is essential.
● Master’s degree
● Teaching experience within independent schools
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Strong work ethic and high level of integrity
● High-energy and enthusiastic about working in an academic atmosphere
● Highly collaborative, collegial and excited about generating curriculum and assessment ideas in
a team setting.
● Curious, creative, self-reflective, and willing to take initiative and run with new ideas.
● Respects and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core value of the School.
This job is performed inside; the noise level can be soft to loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be required to stand, stoop, kneel, walk, talk, read, and hear. The employee could be required to use hands to type, finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.
All employees are expected to support the mission and vision statements of St. Martin's Episcopal
School, and contribute to the overall life of the School.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
The position is a 12-month, Administrative position and follows the typical school calendar. The position will adhere to a regular schedule of Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm. The position is Exempt.
Contact name: St. Martin' s Episcopal School Website
Contact email address: https://www.stmartinschool.org/about/employment