Lower School Co-Teacher 2024-2025
School: The Lovett School
Available Position: Teacher
The Lovett School, an independent K-12 day school in Atlanta, GA, seeks a Lower School Co-Teacher to begin in August 2024. Applicants should be enthusiastic educators with a passion for teaching young children, as well as a deep interest in personal and professional growth. Some familiarity with Reading and Writing Workshop, Orton Gillingham, Understanding by Design, and Responsive Classroom is preferred, as is a nuanced understanding of and interest in equity and inclusion.
Reports to: Head of Lower School
Position Summary: The Lovett School, an independent K-12 day school in Atlanta, GA, seeks a Lower School Co-Teacher to begin in August 2024. Applicants should be enthusiastic educators with a passion for teaching young children, as well as a deep interest in personal and professional growth. Some familiarity with Reading and Writing Workshop, Orton Gillingham, Understanding by Design, and Responsive Classroom is preferred, as is a nuanced understanding of and interest in equity and inclusion.
● Embrace and impart Lovett’s Core Values
● Cultivate a classroom culture that facilitates student voice, compassion for others, and whole-child approach
● Help execute the lessons created by the lead teacher
● Support students by leading small groups, individual instruction, and, in some cases, whole group lessons
● Participate in assessing students in a variety of ways such as giving reading and math assessments, conferring with individual students, and providing input for semesterly report cards and parent conferences
● Attend weekly chapel, Open House, parent-teacher conferences, designated school-sponsored events, professional development days, and key school events
● Participate in and fulfill the responsibilities associated with the Co-Teacher Fellowship
● Participate in department, faculty, team, and grade-level meetings as needed
● Ensure that students adhere to the Lovett School behavioral guidelines
● Supervise recess and lunch
● Fulfill additional duties as assigned
●The drive, organization, and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment, contributing to the school community beyond the classroom
● Excellent written and oral communication skills to facilitate effective communication with students, colleagues, and supervisors
● Employment of a variety of techniques, including the meaningful use of technology, to engage students and further their critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity
● A strong desire to work in a collaborative learning community, employing a growth mindset and participating in ongoing professional development during the school year and summer
● Desire and ability to develop an atmosphere of trust and knowledge of students as individuals
● Demonstrated flexibility and responsiveness to a variety of learning styles and across a range of abilities
● Ethical behavior, professionalism, and respect for diversity
● Regular and reliable attendance
● Attend admission open house and participate in Saturday admission observations
● Develop a collaborative working relationship with lead teacher
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in elementary education
The Lovett School Mission:
The Lovett School is a community of belonging that develops students of honor, faith, and wisdom with the character and intellect to thrive in learning and in life.
The Lovett School Diversity Mission Statement:
The Lovett School celebrates the uniqueness of each individual within an intentionally inclusive, diverse, and welcoming environment. We recognize that our community is enhanced as we seek to appreciate and respect the differences among our students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni. We are committed to supporting this environment through classroom instruction, professional development, and other curricular and co-curricular programming, and by our nondiscriminatory policy.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger. The employee is often required to stand, walk, and reach with their hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Interested candidates should submit a single PDF that includes the following:
● Cover letter detailing their professional strengths and their interest in Lovett
● List of three professional references (we will not contact references without the
Contact name: Ozi Chukunts
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org