Marketing Communications Manager
School: The Lovett School
Available Position: Non-teaching Staff
Reports to: Sr. Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications
The Lovett School is seeking a well-rounded communications professional who will share the impact and achievements of the Lovett community, leveraging a multichannel communications approach. Additionally, we are seeking a dynamic storyteller in both written and visual formats for web and social media, covering events across campus and within the Atlanta community. This role is onsite with the potential to work virtually up to two days per week during non-peak cycles after ninety days.
• The successful candidate will excel in creating engaging content for both internal and external audiences, including, but not limited to, parents, students, faculty/staff, and donors.
• The position will be expected to write and edit content for the School's website, social media channels, and other institutional collateral, creating copy and working with graphic design vendors to create engaging communication vehicles.
• Manage bi-annual Lovett magazine.
• Develop communications content to be used in the form of graphics, brochures, fact sheets, articles for publication, and/or websites.
• Participate in communications efforts designed to market a campus unit's products and/or services to target audiences.
• Interact with campus stakeholders on a consistent basis.
• Confer with creative vendors to ensure that Lovett’s style guide is adhered to in all collateral and advertising.
• Obtain cost estimates, collaborate in the selection of illustrators/printers and approve their work, as required.
• Conduct and utilize market research as necessary to recommend appropriate marketing communications tactics.
• Consult with academic and/or administrative personnel to acquire the necessary information about various subjects related to Lovett.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Educational Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience Requirements: Four to six years of job-related experience.
• This position will supervise: N/A
• Please include with the application:
o Cover letter
o 2-3 writing samples
o Portfolio (optional)
NOTE: The Lovett School employment process includes a post-offer drug (hair) test and background check. See the employment application for more information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, and talk or hear. The position requires frequent typing, at times for long periods of the day. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Contact name: Georgia Parmelee
Contact email address: Georgia.Parmelee@lovett.org