Middle School Math Teacher (Kairos Learning Center)
School: St. Martin's Episcopal School
Available Position: Teacher
St. Martin’s Episcopal School seeks a culturally competent and responsive, highly qualified, experienced teacher to teach a self-contained group of no more than 5 elementary students in an across-grade setting utilizing the Orton-Gillingham approach to teach a multi-sensory math class. The teacher is responsible for creating a classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth of every student; establishing effective rapport with students; motivating students to develop skills attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for becoming a responsible citizen in accordance with each student’s ability; and to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
This is a regular, full-time, salaried, exempt position with benefits. The normal schedule is Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm. Salary is dependent upon education, training, and experience and is commensurate with other independent schools in the area.
The Teacher has the primary responsibility for all classroom activities, as well as the management, organization, and discipline of the classroom. Some of the essential functions of this role include:
• Plan and deliver instructional lessons for math that are structured, multi-sensory, and targeted to individual learning styles in way that contribute to students reaching their full potential
• Conduct student assessments to create an intervention plan that matches the student’s needs
• Maintain effective and accurate records of communication and student data
• Establishes and maintains awareness of student behavior through relationship, positive reinforcement and support.
• Demonstrate knowledge of a student’s learning profile through appropriate planning and preparation for effective instruction.
• Demonstrates proficiency with technology and a willingness to integrate technology into classroom instruction.
• Communicate student progress to families through weekly reflections, report cards, parent-teacher conferences, and other meetings as needed.
• Seeks regular field experience opportunities for students that extend the classroom into the broader community.
• Attends all grade level, departmental and required School meetings
• Attends chapel services and other school-related programs and activities.
• Assists the Director of Kairos in developing long-range plans, School philosophy, and goals.
• Assume additional school duties and responsibilities that are customarily shared among teachers or assigned by the Head of School
Some of the characteristics of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
• Commitment to designing and adapting instruction to meet a range of student learning needs and interests using Orton-Gillingham methodology and multi-sensory approach.
• Highly collaborative, collegial and excited about generating curriculum and assessment ideas in a team setting.
• Commitment to multidisciplinary instruction, encouraging students’ creative expression, incorporating student interest and passions, and developing critical thinking.
• Flexible teaching background and interest in coaching and/or advising clubs is a plus.
• Have high energy, career ambition and a genuine ability to “connect” with students.
• Fosters a classroom environment where students feel comfortable to take risks, make mistakes, and be curious.
• Ensure that respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion is emphasized as a core value of the School
• High comfort level leveraging technology in teaching, including Google Suite
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Orton-Gillingham certification and experience required.
• 3 to 5 years of classroom experience is preferred.
How to Apply
Please visit www.stmartinschool.org/about/employment and click on the position that you are interested in for the link to the online application. No phone calls, please.
St. Martin’s Episcopal School, founded in 1959, is a coeducational day school serving students from 8 weeks old through 8th grade. For more information about the school, please visit our website at www.stmartinschool.org.
St. Martin’s Episcopal School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, applicants are considered only on the basis of merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, gender, age, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by law
Contact name: Kanette Fenstermacher
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org