Aftercare Support (Part-Time, 2:30-5:30pm)
School: The Howard School
Available Position: Teacher
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly Instructional Faculty
The After Care Support will create a dynamic, safe and enriching program after the school day hours. The Facilitator will supervise student recreational
activities, provide mentoring for homework and facilitate enrichment activities.
2:00 – 5:30 PM, Monday – Friday, following the school calendar. (Flexible as needed)
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates with aftercare staff to maintain program consistency and manage day-to-day activities.
2. Ensure all school policies are being followed and maintain reporting and safety systems.
3. Meets with assigned teacher mentor twice a month and participates in the classroom two afternoons a month or as possible.
4. Supervises and assists students during carpool transition until the time students are picked up from School.
5. Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information.
6. Maintains a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with the School policies.
7. Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students.
8. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
9. Develops a daily program agenda for After-care students to follow.
10. Works with students in whole groups, small groups or individually.
11. Prepares for classroom learning experiences by organizing appropriate materials.
12. Facilitates planned activities for groups of 2-10 students including but not limited to, games and indoor/ outdoor recreation, arts and crafts and cooking.
13. Assists students with homework assignments and other special projects
14. Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
15. Monitors and/or maintains classroom guidelines, safety policies and school policies.
16. Reinforces disciplinary policies and procedures.
17. Escorts and/or accompanies students, per procedures, during emergency situations.
18. Maintains weekly attendance sheets.
19. Attends weekly meetings and/ or as needed.
20. Performs other duties as assigned
21. May drive the school bus
22. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
Contact name: Claudia Ramos
Contact email address: email@example.com