Assistant Director, Extended Day & Summer Learning
School: The Children's School
Available Position: Administrator
The Children’s School seeks an experienced full-time Assistant Director, EDSL Program to start immediately.
The Children’s School’s (TCS) community and curriculum intentionally reflect the world in which we live. In fact, our community is one of the most diverse among all of Atlanta’s and the nation’s independent schools. Our commitment to inclusion creates an environment where children and adults are free to be their authentic selves.
Our age 3 – grade 8 students experience challenging academics embedded in a nurturing environment. Our innovative curriculum uses immersive play- and project-based learning to engage students, connect them to the community around them, and encourage them to make a positive impact on our ever-changing world.
The Assistant Director EDSL Program is responsible for leading a large team of faculty and vendors in creating immersive, fun, hands-on inquiry-based learning experiences, supporting innovative and strategic pedagogical approaches to implement the curriculum. TCS views curriculum as constantly evolving in response to new learning, and this position is responsible for initiating, motivating, and mobilizing that curriculum evolution within our auxiliary programs.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in education or a related field, and a minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience, as well as teaching experience at the elementary/middle school level.
The ideal candidate should also possess:
- an understanding of adult learning, child development, progressive philosophy, and creative pedagogy
demonstrated experience in, and enthusiasm for, 21st century education, and hands-on inquiry-based learning
- a process-driven and detailed thinker with the ability to work flexibly, independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
demonstrated leadership in leading change initiatives and developing and implementing programs
- strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- demonstrated flexibility and a preference for working within a highly collaborative team structure
- skilled in facilitating and documenting group processes
- strong communication skills in speaking and writing
- excellent organizational skills in developing and ability to manage and follow through with long-term projects, with a visionary and strategic outlook
- child-centered outlook with a passion for the work of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Qualified and interested candidates apply at http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/tcsatl/jobs?__jvst=Career%20Site
Contact email address: http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/tcsatl/jobs?__jvst=Career%20Site