School: Cumberland Academy of Georgia
Available Position: Administrator
Cumberland Academy of Georgia specializes in the needs of children with high functioning Autism, Asperger’s, ADD, ADHD, and other learning differences. The mission of the academy is to provide a safe, supportive, educational environment in partnership with faculty, staff, students, and parents. The Cumberland family embraces the uniqueness of every child by challenging and inspiring them to reach their full potential. Our academic and social curriculum encourages the development of life skills essential in becoming self-sufficient adults.
Location & Website
Cumberland Academy of Georgia is located just outside the perimeter on Mt Vernon Hwy NE. The website is www.cumberlandacademy.org.
The Assistant Headmaster assesses school-wide effectiveness by monitoring the implementation of curriculum and performance standards under the direction of the Headmaster. The Assistant Headmaster assists in developing goals and standards that support Cumberland’s instructional philosophy. The AH integrates data from school-wide testing programs and field observations into comprehensive needs statements for the assigned area of responsibility as a basis for the development of school-wide action plans to implement curriculum and program standards. This position includes the responsibility of assisting with compliance, discipline, scheduling, curriculum implementation, reporting, and staff development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Headmaster in developing and implementing the total school program.
- Assists to implement student orientation and registration activities.
- Provides the Headmaster with timely reports on school areas of celebration and concern.
- Assists with instructional professional development and providing direction to staff in implementing goals and objectives.
- Assists with curriculum adoptions, professional development, training, and coaching.
- Attends any professional development sessions in the area of instruction and other sessions at the discretion of the Headmaster.
- Assists to define and disseminate information about school disciplinary policies and procedures to parents, students, staff and community.
- Promotes and maintains open communications, positive student attitudes, respects the dignity, worth of staff, students, and complies with established lines of authority.
- Assists the Headmaster in various areas such as but not limited to – personnel, budget, teacher placements/assignments, teacher observations, and publicity events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with special education and working with students that have special needs
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience
- Must be a strategic thinker, have experience with conflict resolution, and understand organizational leadership
- Must be someone that understands business development
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively
Contact name: Debbi Scarborough
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org