Lower Division Associate Teacher
School: Swift School
Available Position: Teacher
Swift School is an independent school serving grades 1-8 located in Roswell, GA, 20 minutes north of Atlanta. Serving a population of approximately 150 students, Swift’s mission is to prepare students with dyslexia and related language-based learning differences to be successful in life. Our core values include community, excellence, individuality, nurture, and potential. Our teachers are passionate about teaching children with learning differences. We recognize that each child is unique, and our teaching approach, time frame, and expected outcomes reflect the student’s individuality. Given that students have a variety of needs, our teachers and administrators often interact with external support professionals to ensure the best overall academic plan for each student. A Lower Division Associate Teacher is responsible for organizing and implementing the instructional program assigned that results in students achieving academic success in accordance with Swift School policies.
● A bachelor’s degree or higher required with preference given to degrees in education-related fields
● Teacher certification
● Experience working with students with learning differences preferred
● Supports instructional activities planned and designed by the Lead Teacher that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful and appropriate learning experiences
● Participates in a mentor/mentee relationship with colleagues from assigned grade level
● Identifies and adapts curriculum to meet the needs of students as directed by the Lead Teacher
● Encourages students to develop skills to reach their intellectual, creative, and interpersonal skills
● Responsible for the classroom when the Lead Teacher is unavailable.
● Shares responsibility for supervising students during lunch, carpool, and recess.
● Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate
● Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures according to school policy
● Creates and fosters relationships, both orally and in writing, with all constituents of the school on a regular basis and as required by school policy
● Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment and seeks the support of the human resources available within the school
● Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with all constituents of the school
● Participates in professional development opportunities offered by the school
● Sets goals that are aligned with Swift’s mission and values
● Consistently meets professional obligations such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating efforts and attending required meeting on time.
● Serves the mission of the Swift School as an ambassador and participates in community-building
● Perform other duties as assigned by Division Director
Contact name: Roni Battoglia
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org