School: Mill Springs Academy
Available Position: Non-teaching Staff
Mill Springs Academy invites applications for a Licensed Professional Counselor for the 2020-2021 School Year, beginning January, 2021. Mill Springs Academy is an independent private school that provides a college preparatory education to non-traditional learners in grades K – 12. The candidate will implement a counseling program for direct services to students. In addition, they will provide supplemental services to staff and parents to provide collaboration and cohesiveness at all school levels in the areas of preventive, responsive, and individual supports in their designated circle of contact.
Professional Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Current license or Certification as a Licensed Professional Counselor
• Experience working with students with learning disabilities and an understanding of different learning styles and skill levels
• Highly creative, patient, flexible, and innovative style that engages all types of learners
• Must be a team player and able to build positive working relationships with colleagues
• Superior communication skills (both written and oral) Superior communication skills (both written and oral) and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis
• Demonstrate computer literacy and proficiency (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, email, Internet, presentation software, and online grade book programs). Experience with SmartBoard and FACTS (RenWeb or another learning management system) technology is a plus
• Work with administration and faculty and staff to implement counseling framework for student services that supports the mission and goals of the school and student population – i.e., appropriate age-based flexible social-emotional curriculum, groups, behavior management skills training, activities, etc.
• Facilitate the continued development of a counseling program that promotes the academic and personal/social development of all students
• Evaluate student needs for resource linkage
• Collaborate, communicate, and meet with parents as needed
• Collaborate and communicate with outside entities for student support
• Participate in Student Support Team
• Assist in keeping website up to date with valid information
• Contribute to Counseling Connection Newsletter content
• Assist in the implementation of staff development in-services and training programs for counselors as able
• Assist in the development of parent and student programs as able
• Flexibility to implement services in the event the school must go virtual with collaboration with the Director of Counseling and other entities
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Counseling
Please forward cover letters and resumes to Patsy Beckwith, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Mill Springs Academy to conduct business and provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Based on receipt of federal financial assistance through a Paycheck Protection Program loan administered through the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) under the CARES Act, Mill Springs Academy acknowledges its obligation to prohibit discrimination, harassment, or retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, citizenship status, genetic information, handicap or disability in admissions, access, employment, tuition assistance, educational policies, or other school administered student and employee programs and activities. Questions regarding the School’s compliance with the application and administration of the School’s nondiscrimination policies should be directed to Patsy Beckwith, Human Resource Director, Title IX Compliance Officer, 13660 New Providence Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004, (404) 210-0838, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Taniah Jones, Dean of Students, Section 504 Compliance Officer, 13660 New Providence Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004, (678) 789-8600, email@example.com; or to the U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR) or to the SBA. Please refer to the School’s SBA Non-Discrimination Compliance Policy on the School’s website for information on how to file complaints with OCR or the SBA.
This notice will remain in effect until the School has satisfied and paid off the SBA Paycheck Protection Loan.
Contact name: Patsy Beckwith
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org