School: Atlanta International School
Available Position: Non-teaching Staff
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
● The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
● Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
The Data Manager is responsible for the maintenance, management, and support of the
school data and data platforms including Veracross, Blackbaud, and Managebac. This individual works closely with the administrative staff of the school.
START DATE: Immediate
REPORTS TO: Head of Technology & Innovation
• Lead data team to empower data-informed decision making for teaching and learning; identify areas of opportunity, and positively impact students and the education system.
• Ensure that the data used by the broader team is effectively collected, organized, and available in ways that are reliable and easy to use.
• Oversees database processes with all administrative staff and faculty including but not limited to: online admissions, re-enrollment, transcripts, report cards, schedule, attendance, calendar, website, auxiliary programs and HOPE Scholarship data submission
• Work with the IT Ops team to ensure security and privacy controls over the database.
• Build data infrastructure to support the data coaches’ delivery of analysis to inform decision making.
• Partner with stakeholders across AIS to understand the goals of developing new and existing projects, refine data strategy, and own end-to-end execution.
• Creates and maintains queries and reports
• Work with academic departments to collect, compile, and analyze student data
• Develops and maintain comprehensive documentation of school databases developing systems, processes, and projects
• Proactively plans for capacity and future projects in order to ensure that school needs are met in a timely fashion
• Manages all database and systems integrations by importing and exporting data via scheduled, automatic, and manual data entry
Data Protection Officer responsibilities
• Inform and advise the controller or processor, as well as their employees, of their obligations under data protection law.
• Monitor compliance of the organization with all legislation in relation to data protection, including in audits, awareness-raising activities as well as training of staff involved in processing operations.
• Provide advice where a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) has been carried out and monitor its performance.
• Act as a contact point for requests from individuals regarding the processing of their personal data and the exercise of their rights.
• Cooperate with Data Processing Agreements (DPAs) and act as a contact point for DPAs on issues relating to processing.
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years of progressively-increasing responsibility in a data management role, with a strong preference for 1 - 2 years in a K12 environment
• Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or a related technical field, or comparable experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of modern data science and product/visualization analytics tools and techniques, with excellent coding skills (e.g., in Python or R)
• Strong knowledge of data infrastructure services and platforms
• Quantitative and statistical analysis experience - building product intuition, solving problems using data, and providing practical business insight using data.
• Ability to communicate key analytical insights to audiences of varying levels of expertise
• Experience with a variety of relational databases and web-based applications
• Proficiency with spreadsheets, query generation, and report writing
• The ability to independently manage multiple projects in a timely fashion
• Experience with Veracross school information system
• Experience with Blackbaud school information system
• Experience with Managebac learning management system
• Experience with Power BI
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Data Manager’ as the subject heading.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
Contact name: Human Resources
Contact email address: email@example.com