Director of Integrated Marketing Communications
School: Atlanta International School
Available Position: Non-teaching Staff
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
• The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
• Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
The Director of Integrated Marketing Communications is responsible for developing strategic communication plans for the school, and leading the team that implements these programs across all communication channels. The Director will create and communicate a compelling story about AIS. This message should lead to increased Admissions applications and should support the efforts of Advancement.
Additionally, the Director will plan and lead the implementation of overall strategies for all marketing and communications on behalf of AIS in order to raise the school’s visibility, advance its brand, and articulate clear messaging to internal and external constituencies. This person will act as a player-coach, managing the communications team and serving as a brand steward to all school divisions to ensure cohesion across our programs. The Director will also manage internal and external partners and stakeholders, utilizing a proactive approach and exceptional communication skills to execute across multiple cultural perspectives.
START DATE: Immediate
REPORTS TO: Head of Admission, Marketing and Financial Aid
• Knowing the history, culture, traditions and constituencies of the school; understanding the IB Curriculum and the AIS educational philosophy and stakeholders.
• In collaboration with the Admissions Team, design strategies and implement concrete plans to increase student applications and maintain prospective student and family interest.
• In collaboration with the Advancement Team, design strategies and implement concrete plans to capitalize on increased visibility and clear branding of the school to drive increased contributed revenue.
• Ensuring brand and messaging quality and consistency, and communicating guidelines to apply across all departments, activities and events at the school and among professional and volunteer leadership.
• Coordinating all advertising, publicity, and public relations and serving as the school’s spokesperson when so designated by the Head of School.
• Develop effective relationships and partnerships with local media.
• Create and execute a plan that regularly places the school in local media. Manage all messaging in the media.
• Review, revise, and update as necessary the school’s crisis communication plan.
• Managing the emergency communications procedures and systems.
• Oversee the development, implementation and analysis of stakeholder surveys. Overseeing and actively participating in the creation, design, budgeting and production of the school’s print, digital and video content.
• Managing overall marketing calendar to maintain strategic priorities throughout program activation by the marketing communications team, school divisions and outside agencies.
• Plan and manage the department budget in order to maximize the effectiveness of all communications. This includes bidding out production of materials when appropriate to outside vendors.
• Manage vendors and external agencies from initial brief to final execution of projects.
• Measure and report on the effectiveness of marketing and communication programs.
• Engage actively in professional development in order to remain current in best practices related to independent school communications, digital & social media marketing, and effective marketing and advertising strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in marketing or communications) with 5+ years of experience in marketing communications strategy and execution experience in aspects of marketing program activation, branding, and digital marketing
• Proven success in leading teams or extensive project management experience
• Experience executing demand generation via digital efforts
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in multi-stakeholder environment
• Experience managing & participating as a key contributor in the creative process from concept through execution in digital (video, social media, etc)
• Ability to build annual plans, and influence senior stakeholders
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent communication, and organizational skills with an emphasis on clear and compelling writing
• Strong analytical skills, with a focus on marketing metrics & ROI
• Prior agency experience with a focus on creative excellence, implementation and project management
• Prior independent school or university experience in integrated marketing communications
• Prior experience with planning, implementing, managing and measuring marketing communication programs.
• Experience in international marketing projects
• Speaks and works in more than one language
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments to email@example.com using ‘Director of Integrated Marketing Communications’ as the subject heading.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
Contact name: Human Resources
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org