Early Learning Center (ELC) Principal
School: Atlanta International School
Available Position: Administrator
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
• The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
• Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
AIS seeks an experienced, creative, caring and educationally inspiring early childhood professional, for the role of Principal of the Early Learning Center (ELC). The ELC Principal is responsible for the educational leadership and management of 3K/4K (3 and 4-year-old Kindergarten), including 120 students and 20 faculty housed on its own purpose-built campus. The Early Years sector of our school is a full immersion program, where students are immersed 100% of the day in either French, German, Spanish or Chinese.
START DATE: July 1, 2020
REPORTS TO: Head of Primary School
• Aligns and monitors the implementation of the IB Primary Years Program (PYP) curriculum.
• Serves as a model for best practices in the areas of Early Childhood Development, play-based learning, language development, and acquisition.
• Use of moderated data to support student progress and inform planning and reporting.
• In collaboration with curriculum coordinators, facilitates professional learning and participates in professional development alongside teachers.
• Leads the team to meet student-learning goals and keeps student learning at the center through the use of faculty meetings, grade-level meetings, Pro D activities, and conferences.
• Ensure articulation of policies and procedures across the school section and the whole school, with particular attention to the 4K/5K transition.
• Uses shared decision-making and collaboration (where appropriate) to build relationships with students, staff, families and the school community.
• Works with all students, staff and school community in a way that empowers students to take responsibility for their own growth and development.
• Listens and responds to the concerns of students, faculty, families and community members in a visible and approachable manner.
• Takes the lead, in collaboration with the Head of Primary, in the selection, supervision, and appraisal of the ELC faculty and staff in accordance with the Primary School Appraisal Policy and procedures.
• Acts as the ELC point of contact/Director to monitor the Georgia “Bright From The Start” licensing regulations and ensure that these are met at all times.
• Takes the lead, as directed by the Head of Primary, with the ELC student admission procedures.
• Works with ELC parents to support their understanding of the ELC programs and to support their partnership in the educational process for their students.
• Maintains high visibility and accessibility to students, faculty and staff, families and community.
• Leads difficult conversations and demonstrates wisdom and confidence to provide advice and counsel on sensitive matters of importance.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a safe campus as well as overseeing the ELC budget, making conscientious financial decisions for the building and program.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Early Childhood Development or related. A Master’s degree strongly preferred.
• A minimum of five years of teaching experience in Early Childhood, with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership position.
• Experience in implementing the IB PYP curriculum or similar inquiry-based, student-centered learning
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• A proactive person who motivates and inspires others with his or her energy and enthusiasm and collaborative approach
• Proficiency in a second language, specifically Spanish, French, German or Chinese, is preferred
• Strong background in coaching/mentoring, proven abilities in collaboration and relationship building.
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘ELC Principal’ as the subject heading.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
Contact name: Human Resources
Contact email address: email@example.com