Head Softball Coach
School: The Lovett School
Available Position: Non-teaching Staff
The Lovett School
Head Softball Coach
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Position Description: Head Softball Coach
Basic Requirements: The successful applicant for this position will have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, a minimum of three years of coaching experience, and passion for the game of softball. Experience teaching or working in an educational setting is preferred, but not required. This candidate should be an excellent communicator with proven people and managerial skills who relishes the opportunity to work with a diverse group of young women in a situation where academics are the first priority. Experience in independent schools or higher education will be looked upon favorably.
Softball Schedule: The varsity softball season runs from early August through late October. Practices are typically 4:00 - 6:00 p.m., five days per week.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
The softball program includes both a varsity team and a middle school team. The Head Varsity Softball coach is directly responsible for coaching the varsity team, as well as for the oversight and coordination of the entire softball program. Specific responsibilities include:
• Help supervise students in practice areas, locker rooms, and buses at all times during the season
• Effectively communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders including, but not limited to, parents, co-workers, contest officials, and spectators
• Lead by example and be a positive role model for all athletes
• Development of a long-term softball program vision, plan, and teaching curriculum
• Ongoing hiring, management, and evaluation of softball program coaching staff
• Development and oversight of softball program budget
• Development of softball practice and competition schedules, including summer activities
• Maintenance and upkeep of softball program equipment and apparel
• Regular communication with team parents/athletics program staff regarding program activities
• Attendance at required softball program, athletics program, and school meetings
• Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes
• Promotion of balanced achievement in all areas of school life for student-athletes
• Compliance with all GHSA policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, perform tasks which require fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: The Lovett School employment process includes a post-offer drug (hair) test and background check. Please see the employment application for additional information.
Contact name: Ted Gilbreath
Contact email address: email@example.com