Kindergarten Teacher (English)
School: Atlanta International School
Available Position: Teacher
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
• The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
• Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at AIS are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. The Kindergarten teacher works with up to 22 students with a full time qualified co-teacher.
START DATE: August 2020
REPORTS TO: Lower Primary Principal
● Work in an A day/ B day schedule as the lead teacher one day and the co-teacher the other
● Collaborate closely with the co-teacher and the language teacher (French, German or Spanish) to create a seamless experience for the students
● Teach age appropriate skills in all areas of the PYP curriculum in a joyful environment, through inquiry
● Meet the differentiated needs of students who are acquiring the language of instruction and others who are native speakers
● Model the language and responds to student’s comprehensible input, no matter what language they use to express their ideas
● Create a collaborative relationship with parents in order to work as a team in the support of the child’s development
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
● Training and experience in an early childhood school setting
● An understanding of the principles of second language acquisition
● Speak English at a native speaker level
● An unwavering commitment to the students
● An intercultural perspective and/or international teaching experience
● The ability to differentiate for differing ability levels and learning styles
● Successful experience in an inquiry/trans-disciplinary or IBPYP environment
● Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments to email@example.com using ‘Kindergarten English Teacher’ as the subject heading.
Contact name: Human Resources
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org