On-Call Substitute Teachers
School: High Meadows School
Available Position: Teacher
High Meadows School is an independent, co-educational day school in Roswell, Georgia (a northern suburb of Atlanta) serving 380 children, preschool through eighth grade. The school’s innovative, inquiry-based, integrated curriculum emphasizes the love of learning, creativity, meaningful connections and environmental responsibility. The school is consistently recognized for best practices by major educational organizations including the International Baccalaureate Organization (IB) and SAIS-AdvancED.
Description: We are looking for experienced, energetic, and collaborative individuals to join our team of outstanding substitute teachers serving all grade levels preschool through middle years, as well as those interested in substitute teaching for our connections classes (PE, Music, Theatre Arts, Visual Arts, Tech, Spanish, Library and Sustainability). We follow a constructivist, progressive educational philosophy which is student-centered, and we look for educators who hold kids to high but reasonable standards and work successfully within a team. (Preschool through 5th grade classrooms have two full-time teachers in each classroom; Middle Years has one teacher in each classroom; some connections classes have two full-time teachers, some do not. When you substitute teach in PS-5th grade classrooms and a few of the connections classes, you will be accompanied by another full-time, lead teacher.)
Essential Job Functions:
1. Follows instruction/lesson plans from classroom teacher.
2. Models professional teaching, learning, classroom management and supervision.
3. Responsible for student involvement, and models appropriate behavior for students.
4. Engages children as individuals in a way that allows them to grow in their own ability.
5. Models effective communication and relationship building with parents, students and colleagues.
6. Teaches, promotes and practices academic integrity.
7. Maintains confidentiality of all High Meadows School families and school information, as well as models and builds professional relationships with colleagues, parents, and staff at all times.
8. Starts the day with morning carpool and/or ends the day with afternoon carpool if classroom teacher was assigned to carpool.
9. Willing to be contacted at last minute.
• Three to five years teaching experience (within past five years) as a teacher or similar experience with children
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred
• Progressive Education experience preferred
• Current GA Teaching Certification preferred
• Collaborative and interdisciplinary instruction experience preferred
Knowledge and Skill Set Requirements:
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a passion and energy for teaching children.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to clearly communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a partnership.
• Must understand academic, social, behavioral, and emotional development milestones of children.
• Must utilize positive discipline in a progressive educational setting.
This position requires physical mobility including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking and hearing. In addition, the position may require running and/or the ability to lift or restrain a child. This position is subject to environmental conditions, as educational activities occur both inside and outside of the buildings.
Please send cover letter indicating grade level of interest, (educational philosophy, if available) and resume to: Attn: Jane Murphy, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax, 770-993-8331. (Please, no phone calls. If you have previously submitted a resume to our school, no need to re-apply. Only candidates selected for the next step will be contacted.)
Contact name: Jane Murphy, HR Manager
Contact email address: email@example.com