Part-Time Speech and Language Pathologist
School: Mill Springs Academy
Available Position: Non-teaching Staff
Mill Springs Academy invites applications for a part-time, grades 1-6 Speech and Language Pathologist (SLP) position for the 2020-2021 school year. Mill Springs Academy is an independent private school that provides a college preparatory education to non-traditional learners in grades 1 – 12. Located on 85 acres in Alpharetta, GA, the school offers a variety of additional opportunities for its teachers through coaching, summer school, and summer camp. The SLP will provide support in the educational academic classroom setting from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. The SLP will provide opportunities for maximum student development and growth through developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
Professional Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in communication sciences and disorders
• A Master’s degree that is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA)
• Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
• Licensed or eligible for licensure in Georgia
• Expertise in articulation, oral motor skills, expressive language, receptive language, social skills, pre-reading skills, word retrieval, ability to process, sequence and organize thoughts and ideas, and phonological awareness
• Experience in evaluating and treating children exhibiting various speech and language disorders, phonological awareness disabilities, auditory processing disorders.
• Familiarity with Orton-Gillingham based reading and spelling programs,
Lindamood Bell Visualization/Verbalization Program, Wilson Reading System, Syllables-Kendore Reading Program, and use of speech/language and writing programs promoting language comprehension, and oral/ written expression are a plus
• Skilled in working with students who have special needs
• Ability to develop positive rapport with students and team members
• Provide speech and language screenings to students
• Work closely and collaborate with K - 1 teacher
• Work individually with students in grades 2 - 4 as needed
• Extend support services to grades 5 – 6 as needed
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis
Please forward cover letters and resumes to Patsy Beckwith, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Mill Springs Academy to conduct business and provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Contact name: Patsy Beckwith
Contact email address: email@example.com