Passport Assistant, After school program
School: St. Benedict's Episcopal School
Available Position: Non-teaching Staff
St. Benedict’s Episcopal School, located in Smyrna, GA, seeks an individual who will be responsible for providing a safe, caring, and enriching environment for the children enrolled in the St. Benedict’s Passport program(s) in an effort to create a positive and enriching before/after school experience. The ideal candidate will be energetic and willing to go the extra mile for the program and attendees!
We are hiring for two positions. This is a part-time, non-exempt position with an hourly wage of $12.50. Hours are as follows:
• Preschool Passport 1:00pm-4:30pm- M-F
• Kindergarten Passport 2pm-6:15pm M-F
Please send resume to below email address. WHEN APPLYING PLEASE PUT JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE.
• Actively participate in daily sign-in/out processes and dismissal/carpool procedures.
• Monitors children to ensure their health, safety and physical well-being.
• Keep consistent headcounts on all children present in Passport and constant awareness of each child’s location (restroom, playground, enrichment clubs/camps, etc.) for safety. Always maintaining a “line of sight” with any children located both inside and outside of designated Passport areas.
• Assist Passport team leaders in conducting all student activities (arts and crafts projects, indoor/outdoor games, teacher directed games, etc).
• Be able to communicate effectively as a leader in a nurturing, supportive manner with the students in both times of play and behavior correction.
• Interacts with children in an effort to build self-esteem and form a comfort level with their peers.
• Provide role-model behavior for students
• Maintains a clean environment which includes limited janitorial duties necessary to maintain the cleanliness of the school facility inside and outside of designated Passport areas.
• Reports to work with punctual and reliable attendance.
• Minimum of High school degree or equivalent and at least 16 years of age
• Supervising youth and presenting positive role modeling through all interactions with program participants.
• Prior experience working with children for at least one year
• Be able to hold information confidential when necessary
• Be reliable and dependable
• Communicating effectively and respectfully both orally and in writing.
• Remain professional at all times
• CPR & First Aid training a plus
Contact name: Polly Wallace
Contact email address: email@example.com