Physics Teacher, Secondary School
School: Atlanta International School
Available Position: Teacher
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
• The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
• Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at AIS are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. This is a full-time position teaching Middle and High School students in Physics.
Please note that candidates for this role must already hold work authorization for the United States. AIS is unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
START DATE: August 2020
REPORTS TO: Head of Science
• Effectively lead and deliver the IBDP physics program at both SL and HL in grade 11 and 12, working with a diverse student population
• Effectively deliver physics to an IBMYP class at a high school level, working with a diverse student population
• Ensure classes have an interdisciplinary focus while also integrating innovative learning strategies and working with a diverse student population
• Lead an advisory group (pastoral care) and have various supervisory duties throughout the week.
• Active involvement in school-wide, divisional, and grade-level meetings, with the opportunity to engage fully and openly in a professional learning community.
• Bachelor’s degree in physics or similar
• Recent experience of teaching DP physics or equivalent
• Be comfortable teaching the subject using an inquiry based, laboratory centered approach
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work collaboratively with the school community including students, staff, and parents
• IBMYP and IBDP teaching experience is preferred, but good applicants with other curriculum experience are also welcome to apply.
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Physics Teacher’ as the subject heading.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
Contact name: Human Resources
Contact email address: email@example.com