Primary School English Teacher
School: Atlanta International School
Available Position: Teacher
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
• The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
• Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at AIS are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. Classroom teachers collaborate with a fulltime co-teacher, sharing the responsibility of the class. Co-teachers plan, implement and assess learning under the lense of the Primary Years Programme (PYP) curriculum.
Please note that candidates for this role must already hold work authorization for the United States. AIS is unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
START DATE: August 2021
REPORTS TO: Principal of Lower Primary or Upper Primary
• Collaboratively plan lessons in all subject areas, in a trans-disciplinary manner: literacy, math, science, social studies, personal social education, etc…
• Differentiate by administering formative assessments that inform lesson planning so that each child is challenged in their zone of proximal development
• Develop relationships with students that support a restorative practices approach to classroom management.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Training and experience in a Primary school setting
• Experience with and commitment to collaborative teaching
• An understanding of the principles of second language acquisition
• An unwavering commitment to the students
• An intercultural perspective and/or international teaching experience
• Successful experience in an inquiry/trans-disciplinary or IBPYP environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Primary School English Teacher’ as the subject heading.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
Contact name: Human Resources
Contact email address: email@example.com