Primary School Learning Support Teacher
School: Atlanta International School
Available Position: Teacher
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
• The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
• Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
The Learning Support Teacher works with students from Kindergarten-Gr. 5 in either a push in or pull out setting, depending on the level of the students. We are an inclusive school and use the Response to Intervention (RTI) model. We mostly serve students with mild to moderate needs.
START DATE: Immediate
REPORTS TO: Head of Primary School Learning Support
• Observing, Identifying and carrying out the Initial Assessment of Learning Difficulties
• Working one on one or with small groups of language learners, developing their skills (usually in literacy or math).
• Working with teachers to ensure they can implement successful learning strategies for the students in their class.
• Keep up to date records of communication and make entries in confidential files so support can be tracked and monitored.
• Communicating regularly with the families of children with whom they are working directly.
• Keeping the Learning Support Coordinator, the child’s teachers and the leadership team informed about the student progress, interventions, accommodations and collaboration.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 3 years experience as a learning support teacher
• A strong literacy and/or math intervention background
• An international perspective and/or international teaching experience
• An unwavering commitment to the students
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability, and desire, to work collaboratively with co-teachers as well as with the greater school community including students, staff, and parents
• Experience with the Primary Years Program (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate is preferred, but good applicants with other curriculum experience are also welcome to apply.
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Primary School Learning Support Teacher’ as the subject heading.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
Contact name: Human Resources
Contact email address: email@example.com