Science Teacher, Secondary School
School: Atlanta International School
Available Position: Teacher
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
● The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
● Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at AIS are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. This is a full time position teaching Science to Middle and High School students.
Please note that candidates for this role must already hold work authorization for the United States. AIS is unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
START DATE: August 2021
REPORTS TO: Head of Science
● Training in and the ability to teach the IB Science curriculum
● Collaborate with different groups to create, plan, document and moderate assessments
● Work as an Advisor in a specified year group of 10 to 15 students and participate in an annual field trip
● Supervise Personal Projects and/or Extended Essays as part of the International Baccalaureate Programme
● Supervise students during break and lunch on a rotating schedule, approximately 1 hour a week
● First degree in Physics, Biology or Chemistry and teaching certification
● Relevant teaching experience
● Comfortable teaching the subject using an inquiry based, laboratory centered approach
● Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work collaboratively with the school community including students, staff, and parents
● Knowledgeable about Project Zero practices - (Making Thinking Visible, 8 Cultural Forces, etc.) and other developments in the field.
● Creative and critical thinking skills
● Classroom management and differentiation skills
● Self-management skills - organization, affective and reflective skills
● Technology skills - flexibility to work on different platforms
● Communication skills - effectively communicate with different stakeholders in the community
● Adaptability skills - work in a changing environment
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Science Teacher’ as the subject heading.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
Contact name: Human Resources
Contact email address: email@example.com