Secondary School Library Associate
School: Atlanta International School
Available Position: Non-teaching Staff
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
• The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
• Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
This is a full time Library Associate position, with a schedule as outlined: Monday - Friday from 7:45 a.m. - 4 p.m.
START DATE: August 2020
REPORTS TO: Secondary School Librarian
• Opening and closing the library and preparing for services
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, bend, squat, reach and lift, carry, push or pull light weights
• Assists other library staff members in the overall day to day operation of the library maintains the library in a clean and orderly condition
• Assists with circulation of print materials, including but not limited to the loan, return, reserve, overdues and weeding of materials
• Shelves library books and materials on a daily basis
• Assists patrons in learning basic information skills on an informal basis, including without limitation the use of the library catalog, libguide, citation software and research management tools
• Assists in the development and creation of displays, announcements or other media supports to encourage library usage and promote reading
• Performs clerical duties (i.e. processing materials and mail, covering/repairing books)
• Manages library equipment, including computers, printer, copier, scanner, monitors
• Manages library supplies and the overdues
• Assists patrons in locating and selecting appropriate materials
• Assists in maintaining appropriate behavior of students
• Manages faculty and student requests for use of library spaces 3K through 12
• Develops knowledge of the IB programme to support teaching for learning
• Supports an environment of trust that reflects respect for diversity
• Participates in the Secondary School collection development (weeding, acquisition, cataloging)
• Assists with library programming and events
• Assists with instruction of information and media literacy skills for SS students and faculty
• Assists with the development of the library operations procedures and policies
• Performs other duties that are consistent with the position and assigned by the librarians such as, without limitation, running reports, amending guides and managing return of interlibrary loans and donations of books
• Enjoys working with students, staff and parents in an educational setting
• Strong organizational skills
• Experienced with and knowledgeable about library organization
• Has strong computer skills and familiarity with Google applications
• Adaptable, flexible, open-minded and able to work in a team environment
• Able to follow written and verbal instructions and file alphabetically and numerically with speed and accuracy
• Demonstrates ethical behavior and able to maintain confidentiality
• Able to prioritize tasks and to adjust to work assignments and/or schedule changes
• Loves books and reading
• Demonstrates a positive attitude toward work assignments
• Accepts responsibility for work assigned and constructive criticism
• Proficiency in Spanish desirable
• Displays curiosity and initiative and asks for and offers help as needed
• Participate in professional learning activities which align with school and library improvement goals
• Participate in professional learning activities designed to enhance technology, information literacy or library management skills
• Participate in staff development opportunities provided by the school
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments to email@example.com using ‘SS Library Associate’ as the subject heading.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
Contact name: Human Resources
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org