Substitute Teacher positions – Lower School (Grades K-6) and Upper School (Grades 7-12)
School: Mill Springs Academy
Available Position: Teacher
Mill Springs Academy of Alpharetta, GA, a college-prep school serving non-traditional learners, invites applications for short-term substitute teachers in both Lower and Upper School divisions for the 2020-2021 school year. Mill Springs Academy is a non-profit private school that provides a college preparatory education to non-traditional learners in grades K
– 12. Located on 85 acres in Alpharetta, GA, the school offers a variety of additional opportunities for its teachers through coaching, summer school, and summer camp. Teachers are encouraged to bring their passions and incorporate them into our learning environment.
Substitute teachers provide backup teaching services when full-time teachers are unavailable. Substitute teachers execute lesson plans left by the absent teacher or may be asked to create classroom lessons on their own. Substitute teachers create and maintain a respectful and fair classroom culture that fosters safe and productive learning.
• High school degree acceptable; college degree preferred
• Experience working with students with learning disabilities and an understanding of different learning styles and skill levels
• Highly creative, patient, flexible, and innovative teaching style that engages all types of learners
• Must be a team player and able to build positive working relationships with colleagues
• Superior communication skills (both written and oral)
• Demonstrate computer literacy and proficiency
• Appropriately manage classes and ensure supervision, engagement and discipline.
• Follow regular teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning, and that encourages students to participate
• Assign classwork and homework as necessary, according to lesson plans
• Maintain a well-managed classroom and positive learning environment
• Supervise students out of class such as in the hallways and in the break areas
• Complete other tasks or assignments according to school policy and procedures
Please forward cover letters and resumes to Patsy Beckwith, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com
It is the policy of Mill Springs Academy to conduct business and provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Based on receipt of federal financial assistance through a Paycheck Protection Program loan administered through the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) under the CARES Act, Mill Springs Academy acknowledges its obligation to prohibit discrimination, harassment, or retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, citizenship status, genetic information, handicap or disability in admissions, access, employment, tuition assistance, educational policies, or other school administered student and employee programs and activities. Questions regarding the School’s compliance with the application and administration of the School’s nondiscrimination policies should be directed to Patsy Beckwith, Human Resource Director, Title IX Compliance Officer, 13660 New Providence Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004, (404) 210-0838, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Taniah Jones, Dean of Students, Section 504 Compliance Officer, 13660 New Providence Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004, (678) 789-8600, email@example.com; or to the U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR) or to the SBA. Please refer to the School’s SBA Non-Discrimination Compliance Policy on the School’s website for information on how to file complaints with OCR or the SBA.
This notice will remain in effect until the School has satisfied and paid off the SBA Paycheck Protection Loan.
Contact name: Patsy Beckwith
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org