School: The Howard School
Available Position: Teacher
Seeking Substitutes - all classes are held on campus at this time
The minimum performance expectations include, but are not limited to, the following functions/tasks:
• Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information
• Maintains a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with the School policies
• Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
• Reports to office upon arrival at school; requests clarification of school rules and procedures, if necessary
• Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible
• Implements lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate
• Organizes students for effective instruction
• Dismisses all students from the classroom before leaving the building
• Collects and places students’ papers in regular teacher’s desk
• Returns instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper place
• Determines if his/her services will be required for the next school day
• Complies with and supports school and division regulations and policies
• Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities
• Performs other related duties as assigned by Principal(s) in accordance with school/division policies and practices.
• Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students.
• Ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies.
• Bachelor degree or higher.
• Standard Teacher Certificate preferred
• Ability to read and implement instructional plans.
Ability to correspond with parents and administration. Ability to effectively present information
and respond to questions from administration, parent, students, staff members, and the general public as requested.
• Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts.
• Ability to solve practical problems.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with students, parents, peers and administration. Skilled in oral and written communication.
Contact name: Claudia Ramos
Contact email address: email@example.com