Support Teachers – (LS, MS, or HS)
School: The Howard School
Available Position: Teacher
Multiple openings across all grade levels
To support the Lead Teacher with work and activities inside and outside of the classroom, expanding opportunities for more individualized instruction and collaborative teaching.
● Committed to designing and adapting instruction to meet a range of student learning needs and interests
● Committed to multidisciplinary instruction, encouraging students' creative expression, incorporating student interest and passions, and developing critical thinking
● Curious about the world of ideas across multiple disciplines, and excited to teach across different disciplines.
● Committed to and skilled in differentiation
● Highly collaborative and excited about generating curriculum and assessment ideas in a team setting
● Curious, creative, self-reflective, and willing to take initiative and run with new ideas
● Clear and engaging communicator with children and adults
● Works with students in whole groups, small groups or individually during classroom learning experiences, as directed by Lead Teacher
● Supervises and assists students during carpool, breaks and lunch periods
● Escorts and/or accompanies students to P.E., art and music classes, or other special arrangements
● Performs administrative/class related duties to support the classroom, including making copies, returning phone calls, etc.
● Prepares for classroom learning experiences by organizing appropriate materials as directed by Lead Teacher
● Escorts and/or accompanies students to the office for medical attention
● Schedules, confirms and arranges transportation for field experiences
● Accompanies students on field experiences, which may include overnight trips
● Drives school vehicle (optional but preferred)
● Monitors and/or maintains classroom guidelines, as directed by Lead Teacher
● Escorts and/or accompanies students, per procedures, during emergency situations
● Attends faculty meetings and POD meeting, as directed by Lead Teacher and/or Principals
● Leads class when teacher is absent and/or involved in collaborative planning or meetings
● Assists Lead Teacher and students with student-run conference preparation
● Assists teachers during pre-planning and on teacher work days
● Attends conferences or supervises students during conferences
● Any other tasks as assigned by the Lead Teacher and/or Principal and her/his designee
● Performs other duties as assigned
● May drive the school bus
● Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● At least one year of experience with children and/or adolescents required; experience in a classroom environment in a supporting role preferred
● Math and/or reading experience a plus.
● Basic computer skills (typing, Microsoft Word and Internet) helpful.
● Ability to work with collegial teams.
● Flexible teaching background and interest in teaching electives, coaching and/or advising clubs is a plus
Contact name: Claudia Ramos
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org