School: Notre Dame Academy
Available Position: Teacher
Notre Dame Academy
Notre Dame Academy is a Marist Catholic and International Baccalaureate World School serving students in grade pre-k through high school located in Duluth, Georgia.
The role of the Father Colin Program Teacher is to provide an individualized education to students with learning differences and oversee day-to-day implementation of the instructional program. Reports to the Fr. Colin Program Director. This is a full-time, 10-month position beginning August 2020.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Establishes methods of instruction to educate students with learning disabilities, other health impairments and other learning differences
• Plans instruction to promote student mastery of prerequisite skills and knowledge
• Prepares written lesson plans to support instructional objectives of Notre Dame Academy standards
• Reviews and utilizes resources that match learner needs and reflect scientifically based research on effective instruction
• Ability to teach skills for reading and writing proficiency/literacy across all content areas
• Ability to assess achievement of students
• Ability to enforce the rules and policies of the school, communicate with parents on a regular basis and participate in service and professional development activities
The ideal candidate will have:
• Certification- Special Education certification and Lower or Middle School certification preferred
• Training in teaching exceptional children required including: experience in special education, professional development in teaching students with learning differences or training in specialized instructional strategies/programs
• Knowledge of learning disabilities, other health impairments and high functioning autism spectrum preferred
• Knowledge of assistive technology helpful. Must be comfortable using technology
Job Posting Contact Name and Title: Debi Doverspike, Human Resources Manager. Please submit cover letter, resume, references, transcripts and salary requirements.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posting Date: February 20, 2020
Contact name: Debi Doverspike
Contact email address: email@example.com