Visual Arts Teacher, Secondary School
School: Atlanta International School
Available Position: Teacher
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
• The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
• Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at AIS are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. This is a full-time position teaching students ages 11 - 18 in Visual Arts.
Please note that candidates for this role must already hold work authorization for the United States. AIS is unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
START DATE: August 2021
REPORTS TO: Director of the Arts
• To prepare, invigilate and assess, as required, internal and external assessment.
• To develop and share schemes of work and resources
• To encourage all pupils to reach their academic potential through enthusiastic and personalized teaching, tailored challenge, record keeping, and follow up
• To be aware of, and comply with all school policies including those for assessment, teaching and learning, and reporting
• To show an active interest in each child’s personal and domestic circumstances, and to foster the personal and social development of each pupil in your care
• To foster a close partnership with parents, initiating contact in appropriate circumstances, and ensuring that there is a record of this
• Work as an Advisor in a specified year group of 10 to 15 students and participate in an annual field trip
• Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent
• A certified teaching qualification
• At least two years’ teaching experience
• A distinguished record of teaching and a strong record of professional development
• OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
• Enthusiastic and passionate about education
• Flexible and adaptable to the varied demands of working in a world-class school environment
• Able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Creative and innovative across and beyond the curriculum
• Able to work successfully under pressure, with excellent organizational skills
• Able to demonstrate a positive and proactive attitude towards participation in professional development and the school’s induction and appraisal processes
• A confident and competent user of IT in the classroom and for administrative purposes
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume, portfolio of work, and cover letter as attachments to email@example.com using ‘Visual Arts Teacher’ as the subject heading.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
Contact name: Human Resources
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org