Human Resources Manager
School: Springmont School
Available Position: Administrator
Springmont School seeks a full-time Human Resources Manager who will ensure the school’s employment and hiring practices are ethical and reflect current best practices within the industry. The Human Resources Manager will work closely with the Business Office on payroll and benefits administration and with the Head of School on employment practices and policies. The Human Resources Manager will also assist with employee relations and serve as a resource for all employees.
Springmont is a non-sectarian, accredited day school serving 265 students 18 months through 8th grade. Located on seven wooded acres in north metro Atlanta, Springmont is recognized as a premier, independent Montessori school. With a legacy of 60 years, we serve a unique and distinctive mission, and our graduates matriculate to competitive area high schools.
• Assist with employee relations including mediation and conflict resolution
• Advise the Head of School on employment and hiring policies and practices
• Update and maintain the Employee/Operations Handbook
• Help develop and update job descriptions for all roles
• Ensure legal compliance with all state and federal laws and requirements, including FMLA, FLSA, Workers’ Compensation, and BFTS-Decal
• Maintain employee records and certifications, including BFTS certifications and background and MVR checks for employees and parent volunteers
• Maintain records for years of service/degrees for faculty and staff
• Manage payroll and leave records
• Assist the Business Operations Manager and Head of School with annual employee contracts
• Assist Business Manager with benefits administration
• Post job listings, screen candidates, and check references for new hires
• Plan and conduct onboarding training for new employees
• Conduct employee training on HR-related topics
• Other tasks as assigned by the Head of School or his/her designee
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
• 3 years’ experience in human resources
• School experience and/or a bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and high ethical standards
• Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills
• Embraces the opportunity to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives and is committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive work and learning environment
• Excellent computer, database, and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexibility and ability to embrace change in support of the organization’s mission and goals
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Committed to own professional growth and renewal
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Our benefits package includes individual health, dental, vision, and disability insurance, as well as a retirement plan and professional development opportunities.
Springmont School provides equal employment opportunities without regard to an applicant’s race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, religion, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Springmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals possessing the qualifications and attributes above are encouraged to email email@example.com, providing a brief cover letter in the body of the email and a resume as an attachment. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org